Monday 14 July 2008

The subject is prone to fits of crying.

I have been on a emotional roller coaster ride this last week. Getting used to having a job type job has been tough. I am my own worst enemy, putting pressure on myself and trying to run before I can walk (and other cliches). I spent most of the weekend crying and making tiny things into massive issues. My long suffering husband reassured me that is was all perfectly natural, after 9 years not having a proper 'normal' job jumping in at the deep end was always going to be hard. The money is great and it supplements my arty designer maker work well. When all the big renovation / making good is done it will be a nice little part timer looking after the students and doing the monthly safety checks.
I did get a tiny little thrill today pootling about in my C3, being my own boss, doing jobs. I just have to remember that when I finish for the day that is it, I finish. I don't have to think about it 24 7. Must try to switch off, I guess that is what Coronation Street is for.

No comments: