Tuesday 10 February 2009

In Which I am Ace

I wanted to keep this blog as anonymous as I could, especially since I am likely to slag my in laws off a massive amount BUT I simply had to brag about my new international artist status. YES I have some work exhibited in a New York gallery! I am very excited. All you bitches who laughed when I embroidered swears onto nylon nighties and called it art can stick it...YEAH!
Seriously though I was asked to submit some work to Gallery Hanahou for their 'Forget Me Not' exhibition. I duly sent 3 pieces and from the Flickr pics they look bloody marvellous. They are for sale too so some lucky New Yorker will be able to own a piece of me and pay for my groceries...kerching! This is my stuff
Tim Berners-Lee thank you for the internets... it has allowed craft to get all arty, I can now legitimately sit in my 'studio' (back double bedroom) and stare into the middle distance in the name of art without my parents questioning what I do all day(gin and Vogue).

5 comments:

LC said...

Allow me to be the first to say congratulations, and get a proper job you god damned hippy.

Inwardly Confused said...

Love and peace baby!

Confused said...

congrats you must be well chuffed! :-)

Annie said...

Hurrah! How long is it on, I am visiting NY in April?

Inwardly Confused said...

It's on until the end of Feb so you'll just miss it, gah!