Thursday 19 March 2009

Small Victories

Days like today are awesome, the small things make all the random annoying shit melt away.
I had a great phone call with the hideously incompetent Natwest mortgage people were I had the woman on the phone grovelling for forgiveness. Every single time something changes with our mortgage deal we have to chase them up, many times they haven't scrolled down the screen to get the full picture of our history or current deal and things have gone tits up. I don't like to leave things stationary, if there is a better deal I run towards it hoping to pull back that few pence which makes getting through the month easier. This kind of deal tango seems to befuddle Natwest leaving it running round after it's own tail like a dopey puppy. They sigh with distress when they read the details on their screens, admitting that yes they do have a record of the deal they set up ...and no they didn't put it into place at the agreed time. I didn't push it or become difficult but the apology made me feel all smiley.

THEN I went to get bread from the supermarket and whilst walking through the carpark thought about what to get eldest brunette child for his birthday.....I started to browse the toy section and came upon a Rey Mysterio WWE figure at a knockdown price of £4.97. I think wrestling is a great big bunch of old shite but let the little fella have the toys because he is brilliant at school, polite, cheeky but with a cute edge, generous to his little brother and makes me laugh everyday. I will never understand the attraction but all his friends like it, he likes it and who am I to deny such a lovely kid this one small vice. He has wanted this figure for 18 months and it would have been worth it at double the price.

THEN I found a fiver in the side pocket of a bag I hadn't used for ages and decided to treat myself to a iced latte from Costa, the woman made it just how I like it and they had Nick Cave playing on the stereo....sometime things fall nicely into place and you cruise through the day on a cloud of Yoda like calmness......I think I might get me a lottery ticket.

1 comment:

Carnalis said...

hello

small victories make life containable.


I feel very comfortable here :)