Monday 8 December 2008

Free Stuff

So I accepted that I may never get paid EVER and therefore will not be able to buy any Christmas presents. They will, of course, get me my money at some point this week but once I started to relax the stress melted away quite nicely, when there is absolutely nothing you can do about a situation you kind of float along on a cloud of resignation happily unable to get anymore upset, it must be what it's like being proper thick.
I was also cheered up by the arrival of the first ''Parcels Of Free Stuff'' that my husband gets sent every year by record company type people and companies that do work for him. Today's was the bestest of the lot, I have saved it all wrapped until fella gets home. After we open a bottle of wine we can un pack it's contents oooing and ahhhing at all the Christmassy goodness. It is of course the LARGE wicker basket, with leather strapped, ribbon be-decked Fortnum & Masons hamper!!!! oOooOOoooOO. Every year it never fails to impress me, I am easy wowed by stuff I can't ordinarily afford or feel are somehow too decadent. Each food item comes outrageously wrapped and boxed. I do, of course, immediately shove the piccalilli (dog sick in a jar)to the back of the cupboard, I am sure it will come in handy when there is a zombie attack or nuclear war and I can use it as a weapon or a protective body armour type glaze. I sure as shit don't want to eat it even if it is free.

1 comment:

The Birdwatcher said...

Fortnum and Masons as English as Apple pie (is that right?)