Wednesday 31 December 2008

New Year

2008 was mixed, I had a couple of tough incidents to work through and some sad loses. My family continued to be marvellous and I really hope my erratic and border line mental behaviour doesn't drive them to distraction too much in 2009.
I don't really like New Years resolutions, I think they are usually empty self deluded promises that never come true. I would however like to make sure the things that happened this year don't happen next year.
To that end I will......
Dress better, I have several wardrobes full of great stuff that I never wear, I tend to 'save things for best', end up wearing the same black trouser and white top uniform, if you see an eccentric woman in Tesco wearing ball gowns and satin Emma Hope shoes it'll be me.
Have prettier hair, kind of the same scenario as the clothes, I have dyed it 'watermelon red' for vibrancy but then let it go into a shapeless too long bob affair which adds to the bag lady look which I am trying to shake off, not liking salons doesn't help.
Eat better, I don't actually eat too much crap but I don't have breakfast which is daft because I love breakfasty food and it'll do me god to be more disciplined.
Get a smaller arse, and belly and legs etc, not for vanity but for health, I don't like the nearing 40 achey breakyness which is creeping up on me.
Have more faith in my art and be more proactive with promoting myself.
Stop worrying about things I can't change and paddling in past events mooning over what I shoulda coulda woulda done etc. Pointless.
I think that's a pretty good list to be going on with.....I will continue to write lists and tidy up a great deal as I love doing that. In fact I feel the need to hoover up whilst eveyone is at the pictures. Lovely!
Have a great New Year and I hope 2009 is safe and happy and healthy and prosperous.

4 comments:

The Birdwatcher said...

Sounds like an excellent list. I have vowed to give up procrastination and cooked breakfasts...but I won't. Good luck in 2009

Betty said...

Blimey, you've given yourself a lot to live up to. Mind you, it could be a case of you being unnecessarily hard on yourself too.

Have a good new year.

Tim Atkinson said...

Happy hoovering!

Anonymous said...

Gets worse when you hit the fifties except then, it is no longer all in your head.....